Image

Blog Archive

Friday, November 20, 2009

IT'S FRIDAY

...in case you didn't notice.

It's been very quiet at work the past couple of weeks, which has been a very welcome respite, particularly since within the next week or so it's going to get ridiculous with the training grant renewal coming up. But as people who follow my OD&D blog, Wasted Lands, know, I got some new work done on my Age of Conan OD&D supplements. People are seeming to really dig them. I'd absolutely LOVE to somehow get hold of the license for Kull and do a whole game based on that mythos based on my Spellcraft & Swordplay engine. That would rock--and S&S is 95% compatible with OD&D using Chainmail, and the rules tweaks are in place from the Age of Conan stuff I did--the world of Kull wouldn't be much different to play in; the key difference is the geography.

But that won't happen. I don't have anywhere near the money it would take to pull that off. At the very least I'd have to pay artists and printers, on top of the licensing costs, and that's thousands of dollars I just don't have in my pocket. It'd really rock, though. Maybe I'll do it for myself and see what happens.

Generally speaking, things in life are trucking along at an even keel. I need to kick up my message board posting for LIS 2000 because I just found out that participation counts for 20% of my grade in that class, not 5. Which is bad because I've been AWFUL at posting on the board for the class. I need to score at least 6 to 8 out of 20 (preferably at least 10 out of 20) on participation to hang on to my B in the class. Julie has been having a lot of stress at work, which I really hope clears up soon. I hate seeing her in the place she's in so soon after taking this job which she loved at first. But I know how it is when they dump a whole extra job on your head with no raise or recognition and just expect that you--the human robot--can do the jobs of two people with no extra time or compensation. Add to that her grieving and it's not a good place for her to be. I worry.

Thursday gaming has been fun. We've only played three sessions so far, but I'm enjoying Star Wars Saga Edition much more than any other version I've played so far. It's far from perfect, but it's a lot of fun. Things are kicking up with the campaign, too.

Anyway, guess that's about it. Haven't blogged in a few days and thought I should throw something up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom, and Mary Magdalene.

I'm not a mad bible thumper--Sophia, however, is my inspiration and always in my heart