Image

Blog Archive

Monday, February 22, 2010

Been awhile

You know, I've never been very good at keeping journals. I always get lax and lazy and/or forget to update. Seems this one has also fallen by the way of late. So I should put something here.

Life has been hectic lately. Or at least, that's how it feels. More likely I'm just suffering from acute lack of motivation--what feels like I don't have any time to do anything is really the result of poor time management, laziness, and a lack of drive. Winter is part of it--I always get in the doldrums in the winter--and dissatisfaction with my day job is another part, but that's just something I need to live with until something better comes along, simple as that. I think I may be generally overly scheduled at this point in my life, too. But you'll have that. School makes for a crowded life, and it just is what it is.

My current obsession, as some of my Noble Readers may have noted, is Star Wars costuming. I've been accepted into the Rebel Legion for one of my costumes, which to me is an honor; the RL has very strict standards. You need to look like you jumped right out of a Star Wars movie to get in. It's also a cool organization because aside from being costume and Star Wars junkies, they do charity appearances, help with fundraisers, and generally endeavor to be a positive force in their communities. On that note, hopefully I'll get my custom lightsaber, as well as some parts I ordered for my Han Solo costume, this week sometime. Want to get the Solo costume in shape so I can have two registered. Then I will work on converting my Jedi from New Republic to Old Republic, which will then become three costumes. For that I pretty much just need brown fabric tabards to replace my black leather ones.

School is going okay. One of the things I keep running into with graduate school is that it seems much harder to gauge how I'm doing at any given time than it was as an undergrad. Whenever anyone asks me how classes are going, all I can say is, "Okay, so far as I know." There are some very cool people in my Tuesday night class--as much of a pain in the ass as it is having to go into campus every week (Tuesdays are a LONG day for me), I'm kind of glad I decided to take a ground class. I'm getting a bit more out of it, I think, than I do online.

My online class so far has been pretty nothing. Watching course lectures, one assignment. Guess that's going okay. Waiting for my grade on my assignment. It's one of those theory-heavy classes that you'll probably never use once you graduate, but is important for background of other shit you'll do. A "necessary evil" class, if you will.

I am still waiting for the publisher to return my revised signed contract to me. That's a tad frustrating, but again, ah, well.

Well, guess that's all for the time being. I'll try to be more regular about this if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom, and Mary Magdalene.

I'm not a mad bible thumper--Sophia, however, is my inspiration and always in my heart