Image

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012--here we go

So here we are, January 1, 2012, and it feels like something is on the horizon.  I hope it's something good. Something good, and something huge. If you buy into the Mayan thing (and have actually bothered to look beyond "the calendar ends" and tabloid sensationalism), this year marks the end of the Sixth World, and the beginning of the Seventh. This means, according to that mythology, that there is a major paradigm shift coming to our world--everything is going to change. No, the world isn't going to end in some kind of fire and brimstone apocalypse, but we're going to see changes in just about everything. Nobody can say exactly what that means, but on one  hand the likelihood is that it speaks to the turmoil of the past decade coming to an end at last.  It means a new start, and that's never a bad thing.

As for myself, I've never been one for New Years Resolutions--they seem largely like an excuse to make promises you fully intend on some level to break--but there are a couple of things I'd like to try to accomplish in the coming year.  I'd like to take positive steps forward in my chosen career path, be that in my writing, in getting a gig as a YA librarian, or finding a way to open my own cafe or gaming store. I'd like to get my finances in order--that one is huge. Too much debt racked up over the past two years.  I need to get it under control so I can actually move forward.

Overall, I just need to find a way to keep positive about the future, to find hope along the road I travel, and renew my relationship with the divine. There's a rough couple months ahead--the winter months are always difficult for me--but I'm going to try and keep positive about there being something out there at the end waiting for me.  I just need to keep my eyes front, my feet on the path, and go forward.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I hope that in 2012 something happens on a deep and basic level to start the healing process in our terribly wounded world. I wish everyone out there a happy, prosperous, blessed, and fruitful New Year.  May we all see our lives change for the better.

Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom, and Mary Magdalene.

I'm not a mad bible thumper--Sophia, however, is my inspiration and always in my heart