Image

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The semester's end draws near...

So we had our final group presentation in my online class on Tuesday night, via WebEx. If you're unfamiliar with WebEx...well, just don't get familiar with it if you can help it. It sucks hardcore. I have to use it at work, and I don't like it at all. It's clunky, suffers from lag, and certain elements tend to freeze, randomly shut off, or vanish.

I was the presenter for my group, and am pretty sure that I completely blew it, getting lost in my notes and stumbling all over myself. Which means I could've screwed over four other peoples' grades in the process. I've said this before--this is exactly why I despise group work. If this was only my grade at stake I'd suck it up and move on. I didn't do as well as I should have, and hopefully it won't kill me too bad. But now, there are the grades of four other people on the line. How is that right?

I just wish the grades would come out. I'm tired of stressing about it. I want relief or condemnation, not limbo. If we get 11 or 12 out of 15 on it I'll be satisfied. Not happy, but satisfied.

I have a final exam in my other class today, and while I'm completely caught up on the materials, I haven't been able to focus properly on them, so I'm pretty sure I'm not prepared. I printed up the Power Point presentations to review before I take it, but cripes, at this point it just feels like everything is falling apart on me just as it was starting to look up. I wonder if I'll blow this one, too, and make it 2 for 2.

Suddenly it feels like I'm not going to make it after all. That's depressing, as I was starting to feel like I had everything well in hand.

Well, I guess that's all. I'll post to let everyone know the results when I have them. Wish me luck. It seems like I'm going to need it in a big way.

1 comment:


Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom, and Mary Magdalene.

I'm not a mad bible thumper--Sophia, however, is my inspiration and always in my heart