Image

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stephanie Meyer Never Met an Adverb She Didn't Like

Quote of the week from one of my Resources for young Adults instructors regarding Stephanie Meyer:

"Writing is not an iterative process for Stephanie Meyer. She goes 'badda badda badda' DONE!"

You had to see the rapid fire air-typing motions he made while he said it. He became my hero in that instant.

Another quote, this one from the professor:

"It's a phenomonon, there's no doubt about that. It's just that she's not really that good of a writer. And I think she gets worse as she goes. It's like her editor just gave up."

1 comment:

  1. I think people are too quick to blame the writer here. Where was the editor in all this? At a Thesaurus convention?

    But I must admit, if it weren't for Stephenie Meyer, I would never even have known of the possibility that something could slosh wetly.

    ReplyDelete


Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom, and Mary Magdalene.

I'm not a mad bible thumper--Sophia, however, is my inspiration and always in my heart