Image

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 10, 2010

(LIS 2600) Summer semester is brutal

Wow...I feel like I'm constantly bombarded by information, all of which I cannot process. Two days this week I barely got to see my wife because I came home from class and said, "I have to go do homework, now," then disappeared into my office for at least an hour.

Now for 2600 we have this exam coming up Friday (well, Friday through Sunday) and it's all stuff I should know, no problem, but I'm concerned nevertheless.

So far classes are going well, I think. It's just a lot of information all at once, far more than you get in the fall or spring due to the compressed nature of the summer term, and it seems like I constantly have 4 assignments due at one time.

In my Storytelling class we're supposed to talk about our stories for performance next week. I have no idea what story I want to tell. I'm leaning towards an original story I wrote recently, but am not sure how it'll go over. It's a bit fantastical, taking place in a dark version of Wonderland. And I swear it's something I've been working on before Tim Burton came along and ruined Alice in Wonderland completely.

Other options include adapting an H.P. Lovecraft story for oral presentation. Just gotta think of a good Lovecraft tale I can relate in 7-10 minutes. I could also choose a Russian fairy tale from a book I have at home. Baba Yaga or Koschei the Deathless always make for fun times. One thing is for sure--I need to come up with something fast.

And take a test.

And help my friend Mike put up a new front porch on his house.

And somehow find time to mow my lawn which hasn't been done in 3 weeks due to rain.

And somehow find time to finish the cement work on my front stairs which should've been done months ago but I don't have time to do.

Ugh. I'm starting to wonder if I can survive graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom, and Mary Magdalene.

I'm not a mad bible thumper--Sophia, however, is my inspiration and always in my heart